Chicago Schedule Announced
An Event Apart, the design conference for people who make websites, has posted its Chicago 2009 schedule. Join us October 12-13, 2009 at the Sheraton Chicago for two jam-packed days of learning and inspiration with …
- Dan Brown — Author, Communicating Design
- Dan Cederholm — Author, Bulletproof Web Design
- Andy Clarke — Author, Transcending CSS
- Aaron Gustafson — Co-author, AdvancED DOM Scripting
- Kristina Halvorson — Author, Content Strategy for the Web
- Whitney Hess — Strategic Partner, Happy Cog
- Adrian Holovaty — Author, The Django Book
- Dan Rubin — Co-author, Web Standards Creativity
- Jason Santa Maria — Designer, jasonsantamaria.com
- Simon Willison — Developer, Guardian News and Media
- Eric Meyer — Author, CSS: The Definitive Guide
- Jeffrey Zeldman — Author, Designing With Web Standards 2nd Edition
SERIOUS TOPICS FOR PASSIONATE PRACTITIONERS
An Event Apart is never about fads, trends, and buzzwords. It’s about content that web professionals can use to move from good to great. Sample sessions at An Event Apart Chicago 2009 include:
Concept Models: A Tool for Planning Websites
As websites becoming increasingly reliant on abstract structures, modular components and multi-tiered navigation systems, designers need a tool to think through a site’s underlying architecture. Concept models are more flexible than site maps, allowing designers to represent the structure of a site more realistically, and to more directly translate to technical requirements. In this session we’ll see how a little modeling can make a huge difference in planning out a site design.
Jason Santa Maria
Even the most useful and usable websites can stand improvement. As designers, we’re all focused on the big picture of what a website has to say, but that big picture is comprised of countless tiny design choices behind its creation. In this session, we’ll look at common design misconceptions, visual design strategy, and small and achievable ways everyone can improve their website designs by thinking smaller.
SAVE MONEY WHEN YOU REGISTER EARLY
There are twelve great sessions in all, from the leading creative minds in web design and development. And because An Event Apart is a uniquely single-track event, you never have to decide which session to skip, which session to see. Come see them all!
Register through September 14 and save $100 off your conference pass. Hurry: tickets are first-come, first-served, and seating is limited.